Wednesday 18 September 2013

Nightmares---

The last two nights have been Nightmar-ish, and very literally so! Its been as if the 'devil of bad dreams' has been sitting right there, next to my bed and has been enjoying my shudders of fear.  
Most naturally, the mornings are tremendously relieving but equally grumpy. 

Its strange how dreams control us uncontrollably! And unlike the good ones, they do not allow us to wake up until a tragic end.. last two nights, I witnessed almost all sorts of overwhelmingly troublesome episodes, in my dreams.

I saw a 'demon', chasing me, my inability to run, to shout out for help-- I saw myself getting into a nasty fight with two ladies from my past, and invariably losing it-- I saw the loss of a person extremely close to my heart-- I saw myself getting soaked in heavy rains on a winter night with no shelter, all alone-- and what not! By the time I'd wake up, I'd be nothing but numb-- thanking that it was but a dream!

However, every now and then it kind of haunted me during the day and I sat back thinking do Dreams have an interpretation? If yes, what does this all mean.. at the first impulse, I took refuge of 'Google', not that I really got my answers but I think I came close..

'Stress' 'Sadness' 'inability to share one's true feelings'-- such eerie answers and I shut that down too! I decided to speak to my mother, and she, the ever-positive, lady has this to tell me, "Forget Sigmond Froyd, you're taking him too seriously.. just choose at your convinience which ones you want to keep and trash the rest off your mind. There's a reason they're called Dreams and not Reality!" -- well, little relief, but then, if it was so easy, it wouldn't have been called the 'Human Phsyche'!!

But anyway, I decided to put it at the back of my mind, voluntarily, at least temporarily and dealing with it once I got back into my 'high on life' spirits..!!
Any advices, thoughts, interpretations or consolations are more than welcome.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment