Wednesday 18 September 2013

Yet another Monday, a half-working-half-shopping one-- yeah, went on a shopping spree today, after ages-- and boy, it really does lifts up one's spirits, at least if done once in a while and not followed madly like an addiction 
Anyway, so bought a few clothes, some generic stuff, but more importantly, did it all by myself followed by some street-food and a huge amount of 'me-time'-- a great deal of happiness 

Solitude, isn't always loneliness, for instance, today, as I sat on the pavement gorging on Masala Corns, I was any thing but feeling absolutely blissful! I guess its more of what goes on into our minds, I remember a time when I loathed going even to the closest market near my house, dreadful-- I felt so conscious, so terrible-- I somehow thought every god damn person out there is looking at me or worse talking about me.. but then, with time I grew up to loving myself, grew up to understand that I was all the more confident and at peace with myself, just the way I am.. I accepted myself completely and fell totally in love with myself  and, believe you me, since then, I never looked back--
It was so great just sitting there with all my shopping bags and my cup of corns looking at passers by or fellow couples and families doing their own thing.. saw a cute young couple clicking pictures and discussing which one suits best as their 'FB Profile Pic', saw an old lady and probably a son calculating their shopping expenses, a family of four with the daughter ordering 'two scoops of vanilla with chocolate sauce' to her daddy (kids these days!!), saw yet another bunch of college boys discussing reviews of 'Chennai Express'-- each of them in their own worlds while I was taking part in each of their worlds to create my own..

Frequent solitude, has induced in me the habit of 'eavesdropping'-- I listen a lot more now, than I speak, and perhaps that's why I understand better.. I have started to discover more and more about the world around than being oblivious in my own!!

A beautiful evening and an added wardrobe by end of the day 

No comments:

Post a Comment