Thursday 12 September 2013

Strengths of life...

As i stood in my balcony while talking to Daddy dearest today, my attention moved to the terrace of the house that stands opposite to mine and my eyes fell upon a tiny roughly-about-3 years old boy counting 1-2-3 facing the wall at the top of his voice. The terrace was dimly lit and I couldn't see clearly until after I hung up on the phone. It was then, that I saw his mother, pretending to hide behind a pillar too short for her height, waiting for her son to 'I-spy' her and rejoice at his discovery-- that made me smile-- a genuine hearty smile after a really long and harrowing day..

This spectacle, although extremely simple and day-to-day, nothing-so-fancy-about-it kinds, actually made my day-- it reinstalled in me the faith, that no matter what, we always have people who love us, to fall back on-- whoever we are, whatever we might have done, however tough the going must be getting, we do always have an equally strong support system to counter those adversities-- all of us , by default, have one or a few or sometimes many people, we can place in that category-- that is probably the most beautiful thing about life.. and its not just for a human life, its equally strongly present in animals or plants even..

How aggressively fierce a mother can get when she sees her child in danger, as opposed to her soft maternal instinct can probably be felt only by motherhood-- how pained a father's eyes can look when he sees his children distraught, as opposed to the tough man he always would have been can again be empathised only by another father-- how protective or possessive a sibling can get when their younger ones are bullied or how a lover feels upon seeing their partner upset or sad, how a friend stands fiercely in the way of an upcoming trouble and so on.. these are the most invaluable and priced gifts a person can be blessed with!

They say, God could not be everywhere,so he created Mothers-- I alter it to say, he created all these bunch of people including mothers..

No comments:

Post a Comment